Wednesday 5 January 2011

Lend me your Arches

Seems there's no copyright for fashion. There's trademark protection but nothing actually preventing me copying every good pair of shoes I see. Explains a lot about Secondlife shoes, really. What do you want? Should I make pairs or Doctor Martins boots Converse and Burberry or shall I continue doing my own thing. I don't really have any interest in producing a re-branded replica pair of shoes beyond the technical exercise. Music is copyright-ed up to the knackers to the extent that I feel it is litigiously cutting off its own creative fountain. Only the rich can afford to pay to use samples and god forbid u produce a tune that sounds the same as another u will be slapped in the pocket faster than u would believe. wasn't always like that la Bamba , twist and shout anybody. Two great songs with the same chords and still sounding unique. But cover versions? Opium for the masses, why trouble your audience by providing them with anything they would need to develop a taste for. Anything they don't already know. All of secondlife wear converse rip-offs, call them what u will. Does this bother me? well yes a little I don't really like my sl becoming to rl. Sl shoes offer more creative expression than rl shoes ever could. For one they don't need to be wearable. My best shoe designs would have even the most hardened supermodel confined to a wheelchair in a matter of hours. practical doesn't have to be a consideration in sl neither do toes, have u seen those hooves? I love those. Sl design should remain a test bed for fantasy not simply a mirror of rl trends. I want the flow to turn around and for our creations to find their way onto the rl street. If they can land a man on the moon they can stop the mega blisters. Besides we are designers we deal in perfection and beauty, not u chubby short arsed little bitches...

No comments:

Post a Comment